- What is a chartered accountant?
Unfortunately, there is no legal barrier to who can call themselves an accountant. Becoming a chartered accountant is different.
Our chartered status means we’ve undergone thorough professional training in accountancy. We’ve studied extensively and passed the exams. We also comply with our industry’s Continuing Professional Development requirements, which keeps us up to date on changes in the law.
- My neighbour has offered to do my accounts. He is a bookkeeper. Why should I choose you and not my neighbour?
While there are some similarities, bookkeepers aren’t accountants. The level of training required is very different.
We’re qualified chartered accountants, which means our work is at the highest industry standard, and we’re accountable to our professional body. We also offer expert business advice, which you’re unlikely to get from your neighbour.
- I’m thinking of changing accountants, but I’ve heard it can be a complicated process. Is this true?
Changing accountants is surprisingly easy. All we need is your current accountant’s contact details. We can take care of the rest.
We’ll contact your current accountant on your behalf and arrange the transfer of documents and information.
- I want to set up my own business. Do I need to find an accountant before I start?
There’s no legal requirement to find an accountant before you start your business. However, it can be useful to have one. We work with many new businesses.
One of the most important decisions you’ll make is right at the start. Choosing the correct structure for your business is vital. We’ll guide you through that choice.
- What information do you need from me to receive a quote?
- How long has Appleby Mall been in business?
- Do you provide any guarantees of your work?
We guarantee 100% satisfaction with our services. If you’re not completely happy with our work, just let us know.
We try our hardest to fix any problems, but if you’re not happy with the resolution, then we won’t charge you for the relevant part of your package.
All you need to do is tell us within 30 days of the work being completed.
- What is cloud-based accounting?
Cloud-based accounting means you can access your financial data at any time, from any place. All you need is an internet connection and you can easily manage who has access to this data.
We’ve partnered with the cloud-based accounting software Xero to help our clients to keep accurate records. This cuts paperwork, improves security and speeds up the preparation of accounts.
- I want to work for Appleby Mall. Do you have any jobs going?
© 2020 Appleby Mall Limited, trading as Appleby Mall Chartered Accountants, company number 04716987.
Appleby Mall Limited is a registered auditor under reference number C002805765.
86 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 4TF.