- My neighbour has offered to do my accounts. He is a Bookkeeper. Why should I choose you and not my Bookkeeping neighbour?
Appleby Mall offer a comprehensive Accountancy service. Bookkeepers are not Accountants – they don’t go through the level of training required to be an Accountant. We offer expert advice, insights and training that you wouldn’t get from a Bookkeeper. For example, we help our clients with growth planning, tax planning and forecasting. On top of that we are qualified Chartered Accountants. This means our work is of the highest standard in the industry.
It’s also unlikely that your neighbour will have indemnity insurance. Something important for your piece of mind.
- Why use a Chartered Accountant?
Becoming a Chartered Accountant takes lots and lots of work. The term “blood, sweat and tears” works well to explain the depth of training we have to go through to gain such an accolade.
Legally, anyone can call themselves an ‘Accountant’ without the necessary training and experience. Working with a Chartered Accountant you know and trust is another way to gain piece of mind.
Even after passing all of the exams and training, all Members must comply with the Institute’s scheme of Continuing Professional Development. This ensures our knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
We did say we offered our clients the best…
- I’m thinking of changing Accountants. I have heard it can be a complicated process. Is this true?
Nope. Simply get in touch and give us your current Accountants contact details, and that’s it!
We will contact them on your behalf and arrange the transfer of documents and offer a smooth pain free transfer.
All you have to do is make sure you give us the correct contact details!
- I’m thinking of setting up my own business. Do I need to find an Accountant before I start?
Congratulations! It’s a big step going out on your own and it brings many rewards. We help a lot of start up businesses and have created a guide, 60 Surefire Ways to Grow Your Business, just for you!
Firstly, you will need to decide what format your business should take – a sole trader, a partnership or a limited company? Each choice brings its own implications and should be considered to suit your business needs. We can help you make this choice.
Once you’ve chosen your format, you will need to understand the legal implications and how they affect you. If you don’t get this right, you may face hefty penalties or worse.
You don’t legally have to find a Chartered Accountant before you start. However, Appleby Mall will be able to advise you on any issues and help you to set up your business correctly.
Better to get it right from the start to prevent potential issues later.
Why not get in touch with us and find out how we can help you with your new venture.
- I’m an Accountant and I like your friendly approach. I want to work for you – how do I go about it?
If you’re an excellent Accountant, like people, like having fun and have a great work ethic and are prepared to prove it – why not get in touch? We are always on the look out for talented people to join our expanding team.
Happy team = happy clients. Our clients deserve the best service so we only hire the best people. We believe a friendly yet professional environment brings out the best in Accountancy talents.
If you feel you fit the bill and would like to work with us, drop us a line for a chat. Call Kanta on 01902 422020.
Or complete our contact form.
- What information do you need from me to receive a quote?
Simply pick up the phone and give us a call (or a Skype). We will work with you to determine how we can best help your business. If you get chance to pop in and see us, we will even throw in a coffee and some biscuits!
Once we have agreed how we suit your needs, we will offer you a fixed fee quotation – with no nasty surprises!
It’s that simple
- How long has Appleby Mall been operating?
We started off in 1998. That’s quite a few years helping businesses grow from little acorns into flourishing oak trees!
- Do you provide any guarantees of your work?
We certainly do.
We are so confident that our services are outstanding that we offer ‘100% Happiness Guaranteed’.
If at any time you are not completely happy with our work let us know – we won’t bite. We try our hardest to resolve queries. If you still aren’t happy with the resolution, we won’t charge you for that part of the package. Just simply let us know at any time within 30 days of the work. Quibble free.
For trusting us with your work, we trust you to be the judge of it.
Click here to contact Appleby Mall today.
- What is Cloud Based accounting?
At Appleby Mall, we’re very much in the cloud! We use business accounting software Xero to help our clients get ahead with their accounts. Xero sits remotely to both us and our many clients and is hence in the cloud.
There are several advantages of being in the cloud not least:
- Reduction of cost – lower hardware costs as you don’t need to store your files in house. These are now located offsite and the mechanics of this are no longer your problem.
- 24/7 access – you can access your accounting data any time/any place. All you need is an internet connection. Connection can be via a PC or your mobile device whether this is a tablet or smart phone.
- Multiple access – you, your staff and anyone else you choose including of course your accountant can remotely access your data, check and update it as necessary.
- Going green – as there is less requirement for hardware across multiple sites, you’re doing your bit for the environment too!
- Security – there is no local threat of data loss as your information is stored offsite.
Click here to contact Appleby Mall today.